Thursday, May 04, 2006

Will the Rocket Re-Launch?

Like the rest of the world, I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for Roger Clemens to make a final decision as to IF he is going to pitch again and WHERE that will be. Houston is in town this week (Denver) and I am so mad because I should be watching Roger pitch. But, no, the guy can't make a decision in life. Sure he deserves a lot of respect and can basically command any contract that he wants, but this is getting ridiculous. Make a decision already so that not only can I get on with my life, but so can the rest of the baseball world. I doubt that he will retire, because at this point it would be ridiculous. I assume he is going to wait and see who is going to be in the best position to win the world series and then go with that team. The Yankees seem to be in the best position for that, but Houston would definitely be a better fit for him. But the Rocket will pitch again, he is too good, and too competitive not to do it. If he can be dominating for half a season for the next fives years, he should consider trying that out....

1 comment:

Murph said...

They call it Farvreitis. Great ones have earned the right to take their time and do what they want. I think he'll stay right there in Houston, but you know how good he looks in Pinstripes; and he knows he'll get a trophy. Don't rule out Boston; he'll go into the Hall as a Red Sox, so he may end up there for the season. We shall see.