Sunday, April 05, 2009

Mr. Ryan


Mr. Ryan, is the name that I frequently call Ryan for some reason. I am not quite sure how that came about, but I am not quite sure how a hot dog is made either, but somehow it still works. Anyway, I have been concerned about my relationship with Ryan lately as it seems like we are always fighting with each other and he frequently tells me "I hate you!" Of course, 5 minutes later he is giving me a hug and a kiss as I tuck him into bed. Yesterday, Ryan was having a very rough day -- due to the fact that he didn't get a good nights sleep. He had several breakdowns in the morning, and one in which he was placed in his room. I went into his room and demanded a hug, and started tickling him until I got a hug. Finally, he gave me a hug and he was happy again. However, later in the day he had another melt down, right about the time that he was going to go over to a friend's house. He told me that he wasn't going to go but wanted to stay home with me. I told him that I would be fine and he should go to his friend's house. He left, but about 5 minutes later I got a phone call. Ryan was on the other end, crying a little bit, and he told me that he wanted to call me to tell me that he missed me and that he loved me. I loved it so much. I asked him if he wanted me to come pick him up, but he said 'no' that he wanted to play. Though I lost out to a 5-year old friend, I still loved the fact that Ryan called me to tell me "I love you!"

1 comment:

cari said...

Ryan does love you! I have never heard of a child calling their dad/mom from a friends house to say I love you and then staying to play with the friend. Children can be hard sometimes but it is the cute moments that melt my heart. Mr.Ryan is one cute boy!!!