Saturday, April 11, 2009

Jungle Gym


I am not sure if Dads were designed to be jungle gyms, but I definitely feel like one! Stacey and I always joke that if I get on the ground then I become a magnet to my kids. We always run little tests and I will get on the ground, and sure enough, the kids start hanging on me and jumping on me. It is starting to get to the point that it is no longer a laughing matter! I enjoy laying on the ground and stretching out my back...without my kids jumping on me, but I rarely get that opportunity. Today, I was talking to Ryan while he was sitting on the couch, so I slowly got to the ground and laid on my back to start stretching out. Ryan was telling me a story, and no sooner had I got on the ground, then Ryan came over to me and sat on my chest and finished telling his story. Moments later, Sami came running over to me and fell down on my chest and started "reading" a book while using me as a pillow. I left things that way for a few minutes and then I heard Hunter coming down the stairs, so I threw Ryan off me and picked up Sami. I am sure the instinct kicked in on Hunter and he knew I was in the position for him to climb all over me....but I squashed it before that could happen. I really am convinced that Dads are jungle gyms...or else their children look at them as jungle gyms. Sometimes I will stay up late at night after the kids go to bed, just so I can get a good stretch on the floor...

2 comments:

Amy Brown said...

That's cute! Especially Sammy using you as a pillow! jeremy is excited to be a jungle gym!!

m@R(! said...

That is cute...even though it may seem annoying to you sometimes! :)