Monday, April 05, 2010

Saying Good-by to a Friend

I have been thinking about this for quite some time now. This week I will be saying good-bye to my closest friend - THE SHED. How exactly should I say good-bye? I mean, THE SHED has been through all the good times and the bad times here in Salem with me. Those dark and cold nights - who was there? THE SHED (granted it was cold because THE SHED can't keep heat in it. Who was there comforting me after each iChat with my family and realizing how much I missed them? THE SHED. Who was there on those weekends when no one else would hang out with me (not counting Billy the Blue Jay, and Nuts the Squirrel? THE SHED. Who was there on the nights that I cried myself to sleep when I missed my family like crazy? NO ONE because I didn't cry myself to sleep - because that wouldn't be manly...probably didn't happen. But had I done that, then THE SHED would have been there. Even when I found myself another friend (my electric blanket) was THE SHED jealous? No, THE SHED stood by me even then and we had quite a little party group on Saturday nights - but we didn't go out much together - we all preferred to stay home. When spiders, carpenter ants, sugar ants, and termites came into THE SHED, did THE SHED help me there? No - THE SHED was scared of them as well, but my electric blanket protected as I curled into a ball and through it over my head. As you can see, it is going to be hard for me to say good-bye to THE SHED, and I am not sure proper way to say good-bye.

Maybe I will just extend my middle finger and yell out 'I hope I never see you again!!'

6 comments:

mommag said...

Maybe a bonfire would work?

cari said...

The shed will soon be a memory. One that you can laugh about and have great stories to tell others. The Shed is probably nicer then what people used 100 years ago. Okay maybe not but your almost out of there. I would just pack your stuff up get out of there fast and don't look back.

m@R(! said...

that is awesome!! i am pretty sure your blog is the only one i actually laugh out loud to.

Jon Allen said...

wait- you "probably" didn't cry yourself to sleep? So you're not even man enough to admit you have feelings!

GRIFJR said...

I re-read the blog and it made me laugh too.

And, Jon, why are you giving me advice? What do you know about being a man?

Jon Allen said...

Well, according to you, I know a lot about how to NOT be a man. So when I say something is un-manly, you should listen to me.