Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Couple of YESDAD moments

I went to the gym yesterday morning and ran on a treadmill for 2.85 miles (I can't quite hit the 3 mile mark yet). When I got home all the kids were in the family room and Hunter asked me if I would play Madden Football on the Wii with him. Recognizing this was another YES DAD moment, I said yes and we played for about 20 minutes (I beat him by 1 point by the way). I made sure to put a limit on the time played so that we didn't waste the morning playing video games. I know that it was just a video game but hopefully he recognizes that I put some time into doing something that he wanted to do.

Next, Hunter and Ryan wanted to build a fort in our room with pillows and blankets and then sleep in the fort. Stacey and I agreed to do it. Hunter ended up in our bed and the fort collapsed on Ryan, but pulled it down and wrapped Ryan in the blankets when he was asleep. Anyway, Hunter was all over the bed last night and needlesstosay, I did not sleep very well. But, again I hope this is something that they both might remember that they got to sleep in a fort in Mommy and Daddy's room when they were 'little.'

2 comments:

cari said...

Your doing great with your YES DAD moments. You'll probably get a lot of moments when baseball starts. I am sure Hunter and Ryan will want to go to a few Rockies and I guess you'll probably have to go. Do they like golfing?:)

GRIFJR said...

We haven't really gotten into golfing the past couple of years. I have tried to get them to go, but they haven't been all the excited. We had a couple times scheduled last summer, but got trumped by Hunter wanting to go play with some friends...