Monday, January 12, 2009

2009


So, can someone explain to me what happened to 2008? All of the sudden it is 2009 and I am looking at a little girl that is about to turn 1 year old. 2008 was a good year and I look forward to seeing what 2009 has to offer. I made a couple of resolutions in 2008 that I reached or came close to reaching. First, I read the Book of Mormon. I actually read that at the beginning of the year in 76 days or something like that (it is in an earlier blog). I also had the goal to get to the temple 10 times. I actually went 9 times - in my defense I thought I was going at the end of December but it never materialized - no excuse really, I should have gone more. For 2009, I would like to continue on with similar goals as I did in 2008. I want to go to the temple 10 times, and I want to spend quality time reading the Book of Mormon. I also want to complete the 20 week workout that I have set up with Tim and Chris, which will hopefully help me lose wait, get stronger, and read the scriptures. Other resolutions are to finish my book and to write an article for the Association of Legal Administrators magazine (whether that gets published or not doesn't really matter - just that I did it). I also plan on learning a few more songs on my guitar and being a YESDAD, which I will go into in some later posts. 2009 here I come...

3 comments:

m@R(! said...

wow..those are some great goals!! i want to read your book!

cari said...

Cool goals. I didn't know you had a gutiar. I only remember some red one when we were growing up. That is cool you are learning to play more songs. I hope good old mountain Dew is on there and the Winnie the Pooh song.

GRIFJR said...

I forgot about the Winnie the Pooh song. I will have to work on that one. I suck. I can't strum. Stacey bought me a guitar for my B-day last year. I need lessons.

This is going to be a busy year!