Sunday, February 15, 2009

Be My Valentine


On Friday afternoon, I was sitting at work when I got a phone call from Hunter. I asked him how is day was and he told me all about his Valentine party that he had at school. Then, he said that he gave Aubrey Tenny (a girl that he has a little crush on) 14 valentine cards and that he was the talk of the class. Then, without pausing Hunter said, "Dad, I need you to pick up some flowers for me on your way home from work." I responded with a resounding "What?" Again, "I need you to pick up some flowers for me to give to Aubrey, maybe some daisies." I asked what he needed to give her flowers for "So, that she will be my valentine." I couldn't hold in my laugh, but then had a serious conversation about being friends with her and there is no need to have a girlfriend at his age. I then talked with Stacey and she said that she talked with Aubrey's mom (Jenny) about the whole situation. Jenny asked Aubrey what happened and Aubrey said that Hunter asked her to be his valentine. Jenny said "Then what did you say." Aubrey responded, "I said no." So, Stacey talked to Hunter about what Aubrey said and Hunter said, "Yeah, I got dumped!" Funny talk coming from a 3rd grader. But he is fine with that....and no, I did not get flowers for Aubrey...

2 comments:

m@R(! said...

that is the BEST story. i am so glad you blogged it because Hunter will have a good laugh when he is older!!! i can't believe he is old enough to be interested in girls. :) watch out!

cari said...

That is one good Valentine's story, except the dumped part. But be for you know it he will be back from his mission and bring his future wife home to meet you.