Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dad? Dad Who?


For those of you engrossed in reading my blog you may not realize that I used to collect Star Wars figures. When I say 'used to' I don't mean when I was a kid, but over the past several years I have been addicted to buying Star Wars figures. In fact, ever since Episode II came out I have bought these 'collector's items.' After blowing a large sum of money on all the figures I thought were cool, I decided to just stick to buying Stormtroopers and Clones. But over the years, more and more Clones have been coming out that I had to have. About six months ago, I decided to quit buying figures all together, but I have kept my Clones displayed on my dresser in my closet for quite a while. Every now and again, I get a call from Hunter or Ryan who asks me if they can have one of my figures. I keep telling them that I will give the figures to them when they are older and can appreciate them. Of course, they tell me they appreciate them now. Anyway, last night the boys wanted to see all my Clones so I gathered them up and we went through them. Again, they said they wanted the figures now. I thought this would be a good opportunity to lay some guilt on them and make them think and appreciate their Dad, so I told them that when I die then they can have my figures. Hunter said "Dad, don't say that!" and I thought "Oh yeah, my boys care about me." Then Ryan asked "When are you going to die?" Immediately Hunter says "I get the first pick because I am older." and the boys proceeded to pick out what figures they were going to choose when I died. I felt the love....for a few seconds...

3 comments:

cari said...

Funny story. Just remind them they can never light them up with fire crackers and have to keep them in good shape. Do you have any from when you were a kids at all?

m@R(! said...

that is hilarious!!! better watch...

GRIFJR said...

I don't have any from when I was a kid. However, I think I bought an old Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia, and Darth Vader off of Ebay. I need to get an old Boba Fett...

I am definitely going to keep a close eye on my kids...