Friday, February 06, 2009

NO TV


On January 1, 2008, Stacey and I decided to turn off our television. Of course, the boys were in an uproar because they wouldn't be able to watch "Zack and Cody" and cartoons. Well, a year and a month later, I do not miss television one bit. I remember as a kid reading about a family that went without television for a whole year and the parents took the kids to Disneyland when they reached that goal. I thought that was impossible!! How could anyone go without TV for a whole year? Well, we had it a little easier then that family from years ago, because we have still been able to watch shows over the internet. However, for me it is harder to sit down and watch a show on the internet then it is to flip on the TV and watch something. My shows have been limited to The Office, Heros, and Prison Break. Now, Stacey is talking about getting TV back, and I really don't want to - mainly, because I know that I will immediately fall back into the old habit of watching TV all the time and watching more shows - especially Baseball Tonight (which I must admit was hard not dealing with last year). I have been able to accomplish more without the TV and I have spent more time with my children. Of course, having a Wii makes it easier to not have TV....

6 comments:

m@R(! said...

we did the exact opposite and got a TV!! It's amazing no matter how busy we are we always seem to make time for it! feelin' kind of lazy sometimes. :)

cari said...

Sometimes I watch a lot of TV, sometimes I don't. It seems like in the summer I hardly watch it. I never do on Saturday unless it is movie night with the kids and I don't watch it during the day unless I am sick. I wait until the kids go to bed and I watch some. TV can be good and not so good. I guess it is moderation in all things.

GRIFJR said...

So, just a little heroin would be okay then? Just kidding. I really wouldn't mind TV again, but I know that I will watch too much of it. I need to hold Stacey off.

So, do you guys check my blog everyday? It seems like you always post the same day that I write. I will admit that I check your blogs about once a week and then catch up on everything that you have written (or sometimes haven't written). Thanks for reading! I love your comments.

m@R(! said...

My blog tells me when someone has updated their blog...and plus I look everyday!!! I feel like it is my job..either the blog or watching TV :)

Stacey said...

For the record...the only reason I want TV back is I miss knowing what is going on, news wise. Sometimes I feel so uninformed about things. I guess that could be good or bad depending on how you look at it! I used to like turning on the news shows in the morning when I was getting the kids ready for school. The boys always seemed to change the show to a cartoon or something though and then they would run late for school...I don't miss that!!!

cari said...

I always look at Marci's blog first and it shows who has posted a new post. When ever I open my computer to check email, Scott has the blog coming up automatically.