Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 1



This weekend, Stacey and Samantha flew to Utah to visit Stacey's family. Hunter and Ryan stayed behind, so we decided to have a Guy's weekend. I wasn't quite sure how to do that so I solicited some advice from my Mom. She suggested something to the effect of "lie around the house, watch TV, and make bodily noises." Since that seems to be something we do every weekend, I decided to do something else.



Last night, I came home from work and made Taco Soup for dinner. Hunter and Ryan had their friends Ben and Tanner over until 8 pm. At that point, we took them home and went over to the gym to do our weekly Friday night activity - play basketball. We shot some baskets and the boys worked on their dribbling. After about an hour, Hunter and Ryan decided to race back and forth across the gym. They must have run 20 lengths - which I was fine with because then they would fall asleep faster when we got home. I joined in on a few races and then we moved to the indoor track for some races. Ryan is very competitive and wanted to win every time, but his older brother is just a little faster then he is. I had to explain to Ryan that someday they would be the same size (if Ryan is not bigger) and then Ryan would beat him at everything. He liked that. After basketball, we went home and the boys wanted to watch a movie. So, we pulled out a floor mat for Hunter, and Ryan and I each got a couch. We got ready for bed, and started watching the movie around 10:15 pm (Yes Mom, I was up past 10 pm). We probably weren't into the movie 10 minutes and I was out. I woke up a little while later and noticed Hunter and Ryan were asleep, but I was too tired to turn the movie off. I woke up again at some point and the movie was over and the DVD menu was repeating itself - so I dragged myself off the couch and turned the movie/tv off. I decided to remain sleeping on the couch so that the boys would not freak out in the night if I was not there. Probably a bad decision, as it seemed like every 30 minutes I woke up to change positions because one side or the other of my hip was hurting or my knee or my back....the couch is not the most comfortable place to sleep.


I guess in essence, we did lay around the house watching TV...however, no bodily noises were made, thought that is probably sure to come. Well, the boys and I have some things planned for Saturday and we are looking forward to what the day has to bring.

1 comment:

cari said...

How fun to have a boys weekend. With the Taco soup I am sure the bodily noises are coming soon!