Sunday, March 01, 2009

Day 2

Though many people bet against the fact that Hunter, Ryan, and I would survive one day without Stacey, we actually made it through 2 days - sort of. Saturday started off normal. I actually got up at 6:15 am and went to the gym, leaving the boys home alone. Hunter was awake and I knew I wouldn't be gone long. I came home to find Ryan talking to Stacey on the phone, as she called early to check on us. Next, we cleaned up the house -- of course, it didn't take long until Hunter and Ryan's room was messy again. But they cleaned and vaccumed their room and helped with other things around the house.

After doing our chores, we decided to go the Southridge swimming pool. We spent a couple of hours there playing and lounging on the Lazy River, as well as spent some time in the hot pool. We had a blast! After swimming, we came home to change our clothes, and it didn't take long for Ryan to fall asleep on the couch. I let him sleep for about 20 minutes, before waking him and taking the boys to Ci Ci's pizza. Of course, we ate way too much pizza, pop, and brownies, but we were so hungry from swimming that we just kept going.

When dinner was finished, we went back home and watched Horton Hears a Who and enjoyed a nice bowl of ice cream. Since we had tried to watch it the night before and all fell asleep 10 minutes into it, we decided to watch it again. This time we suceeded. Hunter and Ryan decided they wanted to watch another movie. I made it about 20 minutes into that movie before falling asleep. I woke up some time later and Ryan was trying to sleep but Hunter was awake. At that point, I turned the TV off and we all tried to get some sleep.

About an hour later, Hunter woke up complaining of stomach pains. I got him a trash can and got him settled back into bed (on the floor in the living room as we decided to sleep on the couch/floor once again). I had barely turned off the light when Hunter yelled "Here it comes!" I turned on the light, he ran into the bathroom and proceeded to throw-up in the toilet. After what seemed like 10 minutes and several gaggings from myself, Hunter finished. We cleaned up and crawled back into bed. After about an hour, Hunter's watch alarm started beeping and I turned if off. Hunter said his stomach still wasn't feeling good and he went to the bathroom and unloaded some more. Again, we cleaned him up and got him back in bed asleep. (** editor's note: the second time Hunter threw up I had to try and hold in my laughs. If you have ever seen this, he looked like the kid in the movie Second Hand Lions when the kid tries tabacco for the first time - he goes into these major convulsions and spits out the tabacco - Hunter looked just like him!)

An hour later, Hunter's watch alarm went off again. This time I made sure I turned it off. However, an hour later the alarm went off again. I about through the watch outside for the night, but spent the next 15 minutes trying to make sure the watch was off and the alarm would never come back on. About 4 hours later, my watch alarm went off telling me it was time to wake up for church....

1 comment:

cari said...

Looks like a awesome saturday until the night came. Did you even go to church with the way Hunter was feeling? Hopefully it was just too much food.