Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Recovery

Last week, we had an amazing week. Mom and Dad Griffin, Brandon, & Dustyn came to visit us for a week, well, almost a week - they had to head back early one day due to severe weather threats apparently. However, Stacey and I know the real reason - Mom was sick of losing at GOA! We had so much fun with them. I think we stayed up until at least 11 pm every night playing either GOA or TICKET TO RIDE. Even dad was into playing the games - though we know his dream would have rather been watching the Rockies play! We didn't see much of Hunter and Ryan during the week as they spent most of their time playing the Wii with Dustyn. Unfortunately, I had to work all week and had only the evenings to spend with the family, but when we were together we played hard. I guess one day I got to come home early because of a huge snowstorm that shut down the whole city! By the way, we had great weather the week before Mom showed up, and then somehow she knows how to curse the weather in Denver. We haven't had warm temperatures since she showed up. But we are willing to sacrifice the cold and the snow to have everyone here. We hit Ci Ci's pizza, which I think has become a staple during visits to Denver, and 5 guys burgers (which may become a new staple). We did not hit Lamar's doughnuts, however! I am still trying to recover from the lack of sleep I received while everyone was here - but again, it was well worth it! We hope they will come back soon - we know Dad will since he missed out on his baseball games....

4 comments:

Amy Brown said...

Sounds like fun! I want to come back to Denver! Mainly for the Larmar's doughnuts, but also to visit the Griffin family! : ) I love 5 guys! Last time I went the potatoes were from Rigby! I was pretty excited about that!! I still haven't played GOA!! so I guess I'm in for a treat next time we hang out!

GRIFJR said...

We actually had some potatoes from Idaho Falls once! They were the best!

cari said...

Sounds like a fun relaxing time you had with mom and dad. I have never played or even heard of GOA. I had a feeling you guys would go to Ci Ci's. I love that place. I think we still need to do a Griffin family vacations soon!

GRIFJR said...

A griffin family vacation may not happen real soon -- with your baby on the way, and Amy's baby on the way. However, we might try to hit up the 4th of July in Idaho Falls...any takers? We will bring GOA -- it is the best game ever! If you like Settler of Catan,then you will like this game, well this game is nothing like it! HA HA. But definitely my favorite game.