Sunday, March 08, 2009

Week in Review

This week was a busy week at work, and very stressful. To go along with this being billing week - which is always the most stressful week of the month - our server at work went out on Monday and one of our attorneys had a major filing deadline at midnight. Why did he wait until the last day you ask? Well, that is one of the things I had to deal with. The, the copier went out, and the server went out again - the Managing Partner yelled at an attorney who complained to me and then I had to talk with the MP about her actions, and she cried. Then, I had to deal with an angry paralegal who felt it was unfair that the Senior Partner downbilled her on a case, then I found out it was going to cost $20,000 grand to upgrade the server and get new billing software, then the server went down again. Anyway, that was just part of my week....I didn't even mention the fact that forks are disappearing at the firm...yes, that was a major paralegal complaint - but I got it taken care of...

I was so happy when Friday night came (however, I got home around 7 pm because the server went out) and I got to go play basketball with my boys at our weekly Friday Basketball night. That helped to eleviate alot of stress - that and playing Madden '09 on the Wii.

Saturday, I got up at 6:30 pm and ran my two miles and did a bicep workout with Ben Tenney. After that, I ran home, quickly showered, and got ready for a temple session with Stacey. What a great session that was. There seems to be something more special to me about attending the temple with my spouse. Afterwards, we got to sit and talk about things that have been on our minds. When we got home, Ryan wanted to build a crane with his legos, so YESDAD appeared to save the day, though YESDAD wasn't really excited about building legos. After a couple of hours of lego building, YESDAD convinced Ryan to make cookies with him. The rest of the day was relaxing and filled with no stress -- except after I ate a QDoba burrito....

Sami has been doing some cute things lately. However, she always does cute things. One thing she figured out this week is that she can go down the stairs on her butt, but it doesn't always work for her and she ends up rollin down the stairs. She also has been into having conversations with us, though her conversations are "Jabba, jabba, jabba, jabba..." But she honestly thinks she is talking to us and it is so cute. The other day, I got her a bottle and forgot to place her on her favorite drinking spot on the couch. Well, she went over to the couch, put her bottle on it, and then came over to me and said "Jabba, Jabba, jabba" and pointed to the couch. Of course, I apologized profusely as women tend to have long memories about those silly types of things....

Last thing, as I was cleaning the kitchen last night (yes, probably trying to make up for something that had to do with a women's long memory...jk, Stacey) I turned on some music for Sami to dance to. I went back to cleanin and then Sami came over to me and kept grabbing my leg and I couldn't figure out why. Finally, I turned to her and said "What are you doing?" She was trying to step on my feet so I would dance with her on my feet, which is something that we have been doing alot lately. So, I took time out from my hard work and danced with Sami. She whispered sweet "Jabba, Jabbas" to me...

2 comments:

cari said...

John I just really love your stories. I laughed out loud a few times and Scott kept asking me what what. I feel bad for your stress out work week, but their is something so magical in you when you talk about the sweet moment with your kids.

m@R(! said...

that is a cute story about sami...i love it how she jabba jabbas. it is so fun to read about all the fun you have with your kids. you are a great dad..they are so lucky.