Sunday, March 15, 2009

Can't Wait to Grow Up

Yesterday, Hunter told Stacey that he couldn't wait to grow up and be a man. Stacey talked to him about how he had to go through Puberty first and explained a little about that, while citing examples of Brandon growing tall, talking with a deeper voice, and getting facial and underarm hair. Well, this morning Hunter got out of the shower and declared that he was growing underarm hair and going through Puberty. I told him that first his voice had to change, to which he replied in a much deeper voice, as deep as he could muster, yet still pretty high pitched, "I am going through puberty. I have short black hairs growing out of my arm pit." Stacey then came over to him and felt his arm pit and said "It's as soft as a baby's bottom!" We all laughed. Then, I talked with him a little bit about enjoying being young and how you only have a short time of being a kid but 80 years of being an adult, "When you get older then you have to be all mature and everything." He replied, "Well, you don't act mature." TOUCHE.

2 comments:

cari said...

That is a funny one. Tae is the oppostie and wants to be a kid and live with Scott and I forever. She wanted to have 17 kids but that has changed since learning that it hurts when babies come out of moms. As adults we can act like kids, the hard part about being adults is the stress of work, the bills, worrying about kids, etc.

Amy Brown said...

I hate to say this but, he does have a very good point John! (actually, I LOVED saying that! haha)